Re: Java 1.2 & 1.3 'in' testing

    Egon> On Wednesday 21 February 2001 11:34, Juergen Kreileder wrote:
    Egon> What about the Deb's at Blackdown? There are Woody debs, but
    Egon> they need to be tested. I can imagine (and propose) a
    Egon> installer that downloads a blackdown deb package and
    Egon> installs it... which is the easiest thing to do....
    >>
    >> I'm talking to Sun about a possible amendment to our license
    >> which would allow our deb packages to go into Debian
    >> (non-free).  Currently I'm waiting for feedback from Sun's
    >> legal department.

    Egon> That is great news! Let me know once you get the feedback.

The basic answer[1] is yes, the packages can go into Debian non-free.
I just want to have an amendment to the license which explicitly says
that it's legal, it might take a few days more to get this done.

So how do we go on?  Stephen, you're a Debian developer and a
Blackdown member, do you want to take this?

        Juergen

Footnotes:
[1] There's one restriction: If somebody wants to distribute the
    packages on CD he has to ask Sun/Blackdown for permission.

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html