question

Java on Linux is important.  Debian is important Linux.

As hard as it may be to wade through the free/non-free
waters and sort out a viable directory structure,
java policy, etc., the long term benefits are
significant.

What I appreciate is wiring java and the inumerable
libraries/jars into Linux in a way such that it
becomes transparent.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to help out,
just comment on and use the tools.  As I become
more familiar with the debian context and java
policy I may be able to pitch in some.

Heitzso