How to load images

Maybe this isn't the most correct place where I should post this message
but I haven't find any answer in any other place....

I've writing a programm in java with a grafical interface. I've extended
the class  Frame and now I  need to show  some pictures in order  to get
something  similar to  a  puzzle. My  problem is  that  I've found  some
examples but  they all  use the  method getImage  of class  Applet. What
should I do to show the images with a frame?

Thank you.

--
Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia.