Re: Severe problems with JDK 1.2.2 and potato

Hi! Simon,

I was not able to run "javac" command on my potato-i386 box and I gave following
commands...
May be this will help you...

seinfeld:/etc/alternatives# update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/javac javac
/usr/local/java/bin/javac 120
seinfeld:/etc/alternatives# type javac
javac is /usr/bin/javac
seinfeld:/etc/alternatives# ls -l /usr/bin/javac
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           23 May 30 16:23 /usr/bin/javac ->
/etc/alternatives/javac
seinfeld:/etc/alternatives# ls -l javac
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           25 May 30 16:23 javac
->/usr/local/java/bin/javac

Harvey