Please help: JServ logging not solved yet

Hello,

unfortunately I was not yet able to solve my realy urgent problem
with logging of JServ messages.  Please could anyone who is
running JServ please test the simple example I attached to this
mail.

It just prints a simple debugging line vie log()-method, System.out
and System.err.  I really want to know, to which files these line
will be stored.

In my system occueses the following:

log():  /var/log/jserv.log
System.out(): nowhere (???? is this normal ???)
System.err(): nowhere (? formerly it was going to /var/log/apache/error.log
              but now it doesn't 8-(((((((((((( )

I really need *ANY* hint how I could debug my Servlets.
Isn't there anybody who can help.  I'm in real despair because I
find no reasonable way to track down the errors in my servlets.

Thanks in advance for any help

	 Andreas.
import java.io.*;

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

public class logging extends HttpServlet
{
  public void init(ServletConfig conf) throws ServletException {
    super.init(conf);
  }

  public void service (HttpServletRequest request,
                       HttpServletResponse res)
    throws ServletException, IOException
  {
    String title = "Apache JServ Servlet logging test",
           log   ="log(This was printed using the log-method)",
           Sout   ="System.out(This was printed using System.out)",
           Serr   ="System.err(This was printed using System.err)";
    ServletOutputStream out;

    res.setContentType("text/html");
    out  = res.getOutputStream();
    out.println("<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>");
    out.println(title);
    out.println("</TITLE></HEAD><BODY bgcolor=\"#FFFFFF\">");
    out.println("<H1>" + title + "</H1>");

    out.println(log + "<br>");
    log(log);
    out.println(Sout + "<br>");