Re: JServ logging

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Peter M Kahle wrote:

> In my /etc/apache/jserv.conf file, I have the following line, which seems
> to be working:
> ApJServLogFile /var/log/apache/jserv.log
>From my /etc/apache/jserv.conf:

# Syntax: ApJServLogFile [filename]
# Default: "./logs/mod_jserv.log"
# Note: when set to "DISABLED", the log will be redirected to Apache error log
# Debian note: DO NOT SET THIS OPTION HERE - use /etc/apache/httpd.conf!
#ApJServLogFile DISABLED

Should I really ignore hints printed UPERCASE?
>From my /etc/apache/httpd.conf:

<IfModule mod_jserv.c>
# The following line is for apacheconfig - DO NOT REMOVE!
ApJServLogFile DISABLED
Include /etc/jserv/jserv.conf
</IfModule>

OK, mod_jserv package is obsolete since the latest jserv packages,
but *what* is the right way now and where is the right place to
tell Apache/Jserv where to store the logs?

Configuring Apache right is sensible and I don't want a "trial and error"
or "works for me so far" solution.  I need a solution which is trusted
by experienced developers.

Could someone from this list help me or do I have to subscribe a
jserv related list?

Kind regards

          Andreas.