Package NetRexx?

I've just joined the list and am catching up with past messages.
I applied to become a Debian developer a while ago and expect it
will take a while before approvals start again.

I'd like to package NetRexx.  It's a dialect of the interpreted
language Rexx that produces Java classes.  I thought the first
step should be to contact the author and get his approval so I
did that.  But I see most of the talk on the list concerns
licensing.  Can I get an opinion on the freeness of NetRexx
here or should I take it to debian-legal?  Or am I jumping the
gun by not waiting for developer approval?

I've put a copy of NetRexx's license on my web page
http://loki.dhs.org/~rick/downloads/NetRexx-license.txt

Thanks.
Rick
--