Re: Package NetRexx?

On Wednesday 12 January 2000, at 23 h 32, the keyboard of Rick Younie
<younie@home.com> wrote:

> But I see most of the talk on the list concerns
> licensing.

Yes, this is an unfortunate Java-specific problem. Perl or Python lists are
immune from it.

  Can I get an opinion on the freeness of NetRexx
> here or should I take it to debian-legal?

You can use debian-legal, but NetRexx is obviously non-free and cannot probably be packaged at all:

International Business Machines Corporation grants you a license
       to use the Program only in the country where you acquired it.

You may NOT:

       1. sublicense, rent, lease, or assign the Program; and
       2. reverse assemble, reverse compile, or otherwise translate the
          Program.