Re: Debian Java outlook/ Re: kaffe orphaned?

On Friday 10 September 1999, at 9 h 7, the keyboard of "Cris J. Holdorph"
<holdorph@home.com> wrote:

> The debian-java list and Debian's interaction with Java has been
> the only thing that has come close to pushing me away from Debian
> entirely.

I understand. Java on Debian is far from being in a good shape. Let's try to
improve this.

> I have virtually no need for java programs most of the time.

May be debian-java has a flaw in its chart: it includes people who don't
program a lot with Java but *need* Java programs (for instance, for XML
processing), which is my case, and people who do program a lot.

But, in practice, I think that both categories can help each other.