Re: Debian Java outlook/ Re: kaffe orphaned?

Yeah, I'd have to admit that "java versions of find/ls/posix.1" don't
interest me at all (or any more than, for example, Ada95 or Forth
versions do.  A little less, because Ada95 ports are at least likely
to be more accurate implementations of their specs, a mostly
psychological advantage...)

My "vision" for free java is "be able to accomplish the same things
everyone else does with java, but in a principled manner."  This means
writing applets and servlets with no SCSV code; this means having a
free browser that can run them likewise.  While I applaud the goal of
doing *more* with java, it doesn't interest me until we can do *at
least* what is being done non-free now.  (There seem to be a bunch of
projects which have been "half way there" for quite a while...)