Re: Debian Java outlook/ Re: kaffe orphaned?

Daniel James Patterson Writes:
> I believe that perl has the ability to generate C code from perl scripts,
> which you can then compile yourself.  As far as i can remember, it was
> a new feature for perl 5.004 when it arrived.  I think it's mentioned
> somewhere in the perl man pages, but I'm not sure.
>
> daniel

Wow, colored me impressed.  But did this exist before a Perl policy was
written and followed?

---- Cris J H

ps.  For those that care it's 'perlcc'.  Took an EXTREMELY long time to
compile my test case though (cg from the cgvg package), but the resultant
executable was LARGE and fast.  0.099s vs. 1.208s for the same test.

--
Cris J. Holdorph
holdorph@home.com