Re: Debian Java outlook/ Re: kaffe orphaned?

Bernd Kreimeier Writes:
> When we can implement find etc. in pure Java, and create
> ELF as well as a bytecode from the same Java source using
> free tools, when we can execute nfind and jfind as quickly
> and efficiently as /usr/bin/find, when Find.java uses
> a FindOperator class that can be used in JDepend, JMake
> and any program (practically, and legally), then we'll have
> the basis to formulate a policy, or even plot a roadmap on how
> Java could make binary-all grow and shrink binary-i386 & Cie.

Is there a way to compile Perl to a native binary?  Why do you see
that (compile Java to a native binary) as a requirement before starting
a Java policy?  I'm curious, because if there is such a Perl utility
I know a lot of people who would want to try it (no sarcasm, I'm serious).
At the same time, if there isn't, I would not say the Perl policy is
no good.

Most of your other points are good, I'm not sure I agree with them all,
but I'd really like to see this one clarified.

---- Cris J H

--
Cris J. Holdorph
holdorph@home.com