Re: Java on linux questions

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 11:46:52AM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> Kaffe fails for every non-trivial program.

I'm running Jigsaw on it, which is a 10 Meg distribution and reasonably
non-trivial. I'm also using it for a clustered tuple-space managed web
server infrastructure that we've built here. I'm doing light RMI on it
and extensive database work as well. Oh, and Tim says it will run NetBeans.

So, I'm not sure what you mean by "non-trivial". I'd say that the best
policy with Kaffe right now is "try it". Actually, a much better policy
would be "try it, if it doesn't work then fix it", which is my current
policy.

Ean Schuessler                                             As above
Novare International Inc.                                  so below
--- Some or all of the above signature may be a joke