Re: Hurd and Java[FW]

Hi Ean,
  Thanks for the response,  I figured you be moving like crazy getting
Kaffee ready for the potato freeze.  I've been passing info as it
relates to the Hurd and java along to debian-java in the hopes that it
might be of benefit to the debian-java developers as well as the Hurd
developers.  For the debian-java developers I was thinking it might be a
way around the Sun license problem on the java 2 virtual machine as was
discussed as a possibility a few months ago.  Cris J H responded to a
query a short while ago saying he thought that the java vm would need to
be modified to run under the Hurd.  Perhaps this could be of benefit to
the debian java developers.  I don't know enough to make that kind of
call.  For the the Hurd developers the benefit would be in a higher
profile for the Hurd as well as bringing in some real cool capabilities
to the Hurd.  I believe Marcus B, one of the Hurd developers mentioned
that java could be run as a transparent layer with the Hurd translators.
  Hopefully this correspondence can continue and be of benefit to all
involved.  Luck to all.

Jim