Re: libpgjava (Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 5)

Stefan Gybas wrote:
  >Oliver Elphick wrote:
  >
  >> >Package: libpgjava (contrib)
  >> >Maintainer: Oliver Elphick <Oliver.Elphick@lfix.co.uk>
  >> >  45549  libpgjava: doesn't work at all
  >>
  >> Would anyone like to take this package?  I can't get it to work; I don't
  >> use Java and it is separated from the rest of PostgreSQL because of its
  >> dependence on a non-free package.
  >
  >I'll take it - I've been using the PostgreSQL JDBC driver for some time
  >in my servlets and didn't have any problems (but I didn't use the JAR from
  >this package). I'm sure this bug is caused by different versions (libpgjava
  >is 6.5, libpgsql2 is 6.5.1).

Thank you, Stefan.  The latest release of PostgreSQL in potato is 6.5.2-3.
I shall be releasing 6.5.3-1 some time later this week; it would perhaps
be comforting to users to have the same version number. You can extract
the JDBC source from postgresql_<version>.orig.tar.gz: the directory is
src/interfaces/jdbc.  I don't think, though, that there has been any
significant change in JDBC since 6.5.

--
      Vote against SPAM: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
     "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and