Re: How to make Japanese Input on Debian testing work?

Le Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:53:39AM +0900, Dietrich Bollmann a écrit :

> I tried to use OpenOffice with scim and uim but couldn't activate the
> Japanese input method in OpenOffice. Control-Space didn't work,
> the context menu wouldn't have any entry for the input method and
> I was not able to configure another Shortcut when I tried to do so
> using the scim configuration tool.

Dear Dietrich,

I had a similar problem with firefox and thunderbird, until one
explained me that some crucial environment variables were needed:

GTK_IM_MODULE=uim ; export GTK_IM_MODULE
QT_IM_MODULE=uim ; export QT_IM_MODULE
XMODIFIERS=@im=uim ; export XMODIFIERS

Now if you start OpenOffice from the command line within a shell after
these environment variables have been exported, and after uim-xim has
been started, things should work. The uim-toolbar-gtk-systray may be
helpful too.

My problem was that I had everything in my .xsession, but I was not
aware that my login manager was ignoring this file at startup.

I am using Anthy, so I guess that you would have to apt-get install
uim-anthy to make the input work in OpenOffice whith the method I am
using.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy