Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package cpufreqd 2.1.0-1

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 08:08:41PM +0200, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 10:02:10AM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 12:46:36PM +0200, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> [...]
> > >   "Additional configuration may be needed to activate this feature.
> > >   See /usr/share/doc/cpufreqd/README.Debian for more information."
> >
> > I do not know what exactly is good way to update but translation goes
> > as: (UTF-8 encoded)
> >
> > "このフィーチャーをアクティベートするには追加のコンフィギュレーション"
> > "が必要かもしれません。詳しくは /usr/share/doc/cpufreqd/README.Debian"
> > "を参照ください。"
>
> Thanks Osamu-san, can you still read the attached file? (it's EUC_JP)
> Looking at the result with podebconf-display-po it seems I can't input
> the "\n" correctly.

I can read it since my mailer converted it to iso-2022-jp when I send it.

Oh, I see you have "\n" instead of "\n".  All these Zenkaku "\"(2 bytes)
code in eucJP needs to be changed to ASCII back slash.  I marked them as
below with "^" under the Zenkaku "\".

In some terminal such as one in eucJP, backslash should show-up as
Japanse yen mark.

> Thanks
> --
> mattia
> :wq!

> #
> #    Translators, if you are not familiar with the PO format, gettext
> #    documentation is worth reading, especially sections dedicated to
> #    this format, e.g. by running:
> #         info -n '(gettext)PO Files'
> #         info -n '(gettext)Header Entry'
> #
> #    Some information specific to po-debconf are available at
> #            /usr/share/doc/po-debconf/README-trans
> #         or http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/README-trans
> #
> #    Developers do not need to manually edit POT or PO files.
> #
> #
> msgid ""
> msgstr ""
> "Project-Id-Version: cpufreqd 1.1.2-2\n"
> "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: malattia@debian.org\n"
> "POT-Creation-Date: 2006-06-17 17:43+0200\n"
> "PO-Revision-Date: 2004-07-04 21:24+0900\n"
> "Last-Translator: Hideki Yamane <henrich@samba.gr.jp>\n"
> "Language-Team: Japanese <debian-japanese@lists.debian.org>\n"
>
> #. Type: note
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:4
> msgid "Unable to find a Power Management interface in your kernel"
> msgstr "カーネルにパワーマネジメントのインターフェイスが見つかりません"
>
> #. Type: note
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:4
> msgid ""
> " Cpufreqd won't be started, please enable ACPI, APM or PMU in your kernel "
> "and\n"
> " 1. run dpkg-reconfigure cpufreqd to have a simple autoconfiguration or\n"
> " 2. edit /etc/cpufreqd.conf by hand and run dpkg-reconfigure cpufreqd.\n"
> " Additional configuration may be needed to activate this feature.\n"
> " See /usr/share/doc/cpufreqd/README.Debian for more information."
> msgstr ""
> "cpufreqd は起動しません。カーネルで ACPI か APM か PMU を有効にして、以下を"
> "行ってください\n"
                 ^^
> " 1. 簡単な自動設定を行うために dpkg-reconfigure cpufreqd を実行する\n"
                                                                      ^^
> " 2. または /etc/cpufreqd.conf を手で編集し、dpkg-reconfigure cpufreqd を実行"
> "する\n"
       ^^
> "このフィーチャーをアクティベートするには追加のコンフィギュレーション"
> "が必要かもしれません。\n"
                         ^^
> "詳しくは /usr/share/doc/cpufreqd/README.Debianを参照ください。"
>
> #. Type: note
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:14
> msgid "Unable to find a CpuFreq interface in your kernel"
> msgstr "カーネルに CpuFreq インターフェイスが見つかりません"
>
> #. Type: note
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:14
> msgid ""
> " Cpufreqd won't be started, please enable a CpuFreq driver in your kernel "
> "and\n"
> " 1. run dpkg-reconfigure cpufreqd to have a simple autoconfiguration or\n"
> " 2. edit /etc/cpufreqd.conf by hand and run dpkg-reconfigure cpufreqd.\n"
> " Additional configuration may be needed to activate this feature.\n"
> " See /usr/share/doc/cpufreqd/README.Debian for more information."
> msgstr ""
> "cpufreqd は起動しません。カーネルで CpuFreq ドライバを有効にして、以下を行っ"
> "てください\n"
             ^^
> " 1. 簡単な自動設定を行うために dpkg-reconfigure cpufreqd を実行する\n"
                                                                      ^^
> " 2. または /etc/cpufreqd.conf を手で編集し、dpkg-reconfigure cpufreqd を実行"
> "する\n"
       ^^
> "このフィーチャーをアクティベートするには追加のコンフィギュレーション"
> "が必要かもしれません。\n"