Japanese support in mutt / KDE and debian in general

Hello,

	I'm new to Japan - just arrived 10 days ago - and I start to
receive Japanese-containing bilingual emails on work's mailing-list. I
do not understand japanese correctly yet, but it seems to me a good
start to display the japanese characters correctly :)

	I use mutt as a mailreader, usually in a KDE konsole. I tried
to google around, but I don't know what to do to enable japanese
display support. In mozilla and konqueror, it works well, however.

	Can you give me a hint, or point me document about how to
japanize a standard Debian?

Thank you very much,

--
Charles