Re: Japanese printing... maybe works?

Resolved the postscript output problem... lpr was installed and CUPS was
installed with lp client, not lpr. Uninstalled the lpr system, installed
the BSD client. Can now print again.

However, bad news. Seems that gs actually displaying the japanese
characters doesn't make a lick of difference. When I print (with lp or
lpr), I still get the boxes instead of the characters. *sigh*.

Since this is after a virgin install with the additional packages
that junichi said to install (cmap adobe japan, ttf-kochi fonts,
and gs-cjk-resource were not installed even after selecting task-japanese),
I for one would conclude that japanese printing under debian is broken
in some way.

Any suggestions for now?

Regards,
Sebastien L.