Re: Documents explaining Japanese setup?

Hi,

At Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:50:49 +0530,
Vikram wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>  I am putting together articles on how to setup Japanese on Debian
>  machines. Since I learnt it the hard way, I felt it would be nice
>  to have a set of howto's in both English and Japanese (other languages
>  welcome!) explaining how to get total Japanese support on a Debian
>  box.

Install language-env package and read documents.  I wrote a detailed
explanation in Japanese (because setting up Japanese environment is
difficult even for Japanese people.  Thus, Japanese people will be
the primary people who need such documents.) and a rough translation
into English.  (If you come to Japan, you will find that there are
some books on Japanese configuration.)

The document assumes that you execute set-language-env command.
The command will display Japanese (or ASCII-represented Japanese)
if you choose Japanese.

I imagine there are some other documents.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/