Re: Making my potato japanese capable =D

Hi!

In <[🔎] 20000815234426.A834@magi>,
  on Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:44:26 +0200,
    on Making my potato japanese capable =D,
 Jakub Turski <yacoob@supersonic.plukwa.net> wrote:

> something  like  Japanese WordPro for win's modes: kanas/kanji, with in­
> stant conversion. I have freewnn running (what is it for), but I  cannot

 freewnn-kserver is a conversion server for Japanese text input.  You need
a frontend in order to use that server.  On X11, use "kinput2-wnn".

 kinput is an input server for X11 application, and kinput-wnn is a front
 end/client for the wnn jserver.

> make anything from the docs -- it is all japanese! :( Can anyone help me
> with this?

Try create another account for learning Japanese, and use user-ja-conf in
user-ja package.  user-ja is a configuration tool for Japanese environment,
and it has /usr/share/doc/user-ja/README.e.gz

>  If there's a specific faq (should be!) on this topic, please give me an
> url. I'm searching for such info for a long time... and my friends  want
> this info too! =D

As others say, http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~craigoda/writings/linux-nihongo/
is very useful URL.  Check it.

Regards.