[Fwd: Announcing "Debian-Installer Loader"]

Vi inoltro quasta mail che è girata oggi su d-boot: riguarda un installer per debain windows based, dovrebbe permettere di installare Debian anche a quegli utenti che non sanno bene come scaricare una iso, masterizzarla e bootare da cd.

ciao

Attilio
--- Begin Message ---
This is the announcement of "Debian-Installer Loader", a win32 loader for
Debian Installer.

Overall, the process is very simple (it's been inspired by a similar
project with Ubuntu).  D-I-L runs on the users' win32 system,
auto-detects wether the CPU supports 64-bits, picks the appropiate
linux and initrd.gz images for netboot, and uses GRUB for DOS to
chainload into it.

This has a few interesting applications:

  - Migrating to Debian on hardware without CD drive (or USB boot
  capability).
  - Migrating to Debian for users who have no idea how to burn an ISO
  and/or how to configure their BIOS for CD boot.
  - Migrating a system to Debian inmediately, at any time, wether
  we have a boot CD at hand or not.
  - Advocating Debian to Windows users.  Rather than give them a CD
  (expensive), give them a piece of paper with an URL.

Frontend site for Windows clients to visit is at:

  http://goodbye-microsoft.com/

Further details (screenshots, GPLed source code) at:

  http://goodbye-microsoft.com/more.html

Hope you like it,

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is honeypot@aybabtu.com.  Note: this address is only intended
for spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.