Re: mail non c'è

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 02:53:42PM +0200, Roberto wrote:
> nella mia distro debian il programma mail non è installato. Ho provato
> con un:
>
> apt-get install mail
>
> ma evidentemente fa parte di un pacchetto diverso. Qualcuno ha un'idea
> del nome da usare? Oppure in debian si usa un modo diverso per spedire
> mail da linea di comando?

E' probabile che mail sia all'interno del pacchetto mailx che ho installato
nella mia Debian ... infatti quando lancio man mail appare:

---
MAIL(1)                System Reference Manual                    MAIL(1)

NAME
     mail - send and receive mail

SYNOPSIS
     mail [-iInv] [-s subject] [-c cc-addr] [-b bcc-addr] to-addr...
     mail [-iInNv] -f [name]
     mail [-iInNv] [-u user]

INTRODUCTION

     Mail is an intelligent mail processing system, which has a command
     syntax reminiscent of ed(1) with lines replaced by messages.

     -v    Verbose mode.  The details of delivery are displayed on the
           user's terminal.

     -i    Ignore tty interrupt signals.  This is particularly useful
           when using mail on noisy phone lines.

     -I    Forces mail to run in interactive mode even when input isn't
           a terminal.  In particular, the `~' special character when
	   sending mail is only active in interactive mode.

     -n    Inhibits reading /etc/mail.rc upon startup.

     -N    Inhibits the initial display of message headers when reading
           mail or editing a mail folder.

     -s    Specify subject on command line (only the first argument after
           the -s flag is used as a subject; be careful to quote subjects
	   containing spaces.)

     -c    Send carbon copies to list of users.

     -b    Send blind carbon copies to list. List should be a comma-separated
           list of names.

     -f    Read in the contents of your mbox (or the specified file) for
           processing; when you quit, mail writes undeleted messages back
	   to this file.

     -u    Is equivalent to:

                 mail -f /var/spool/mail/user

[...]

Quindi e' solamente un MUA (Mail User Agent) e non sendmail, postfix, qmail,
smail, exim, masqmail, ... che invece sono dei MTA (Mail Tansport Agent)
.... :-) cioe' lavorano "dietro le quinte" proprio come dei daemon ....

Au Revoire
Hugh Hartmann