Re: server IBM xseries e Debian...PROBLEMA!!!

Il mercoledì, 27 agosto, 2003 at 03:59:00 +0200, Giuseppe Scrisse:
>   Aggiornamento della situazione (scusate la quotazione errata :-) )
>
>   Allora ho sentito IBM: il tecnico mi ha chiarito, innanzitutto, che il
>   mio controller NON è un controller RAID, bensì un controller SCSI che
>   supporta il RAID (cioè fa il mirroring fra i due dischi!!!) E questa
>   cosa è a me gradita, perchè non l'avevo capita! Ma per voi sarà già
>   stata scontata, sorry!
>   Il controller SCSI è un LSI 1030 Ultra320. Il mio obiettivo è trovare
>   un modulo del kernel che supporti sto cavolo di controller, altrimenti
>   addio dischi!!

Prova questo:
CONFIG_FUSION:

LSI Logic Fusion(TM) Message Passing Technology (MPT) device support
provides high performance SCSI host initiator, and LAN [1] interface
services to a host system.  The Fusion architecture is capable of
duplexing these protocols on high-speed Fibre Channel
(up to 2 GHz x 2 ports = 4 GHz) and parallel SCSI (up to Ultra-320)
physical medium.

        [1] LAN is not supported on parallel SCSI medium.

These drivers require a Fusion MPT compatible PCI adapter installed
in the host system.  MPT adapters contain specialized I/O processors
to handle I/O workload, and more importantly to offload this work
from the host CPU(s).

If you have Fusion MPT hardware and want to use it, you can say
Y or M here to add MPT (base + ScsiHost) drivers.
  <Y> = build lib (fusion.o), and link [static] into the kernel [2]
        proper
  <M> = compiled as [dynamic] modules [3] named: (mptbase.o,
        mptscsih.o)

        [2] In order enable capability to boot the linux kernel
            natively from a Fusion MPT target device, you MUST
             answer Y here! (currently requires CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD)
        [3] This support is also available as a module ( = code
            which can be inserted in and removed from the running
            kernel whenever you want).  If you want to compile as
            modules, say M here and read
            Documentation/modules.txt.

If unsure, say N.

If you say Y or M here you will get a choice of these
additional protocol and support module options:         Module Name:
  <M>   Enhanced SCSI error reporting                     (isense.o)
  <M>   Fusion MPT misc device (ioctl) driver             (mptctl.o)
  <M>   Fusion MPT LAN driver                             (mptlan.o)

---
Fusion MPT is trademark of LSI Logic Corporation, and its
architecture is based on LSI Logic's Message Passing Interface (MPI)
specification.

questo è quello che ho ricavato dagli help del kernel, forse ti possono essere
utili questi moduli "mptbase.o - mptscsih.o - mptctl.o"

(prendilo col beneficio dell'inventario, non conosco la macchina)

--
     Ciao Umberto