Re: [OFF] Fork of Dell Powervault MD3200

I have had good experience with Supermicro except for one series 4 years ago. IIRC There was an issue on the motherboard that kept frying memory and eventually the power regulator on the motherboard. Unfortunately Supermicro was not able to deliver replacement motherboards in a timely manner. We ended up moving to HP DL 360s and couldn't have been happier.

Oh - and the supermicro ILO support used to be very buggy - broken - don't know if it has since been fixed.

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Thomas Goirand <thomas@goirand.fr> wrote:
On 03/04/2011 08:16 PM, Carlos Acedo wrote:
> Supermicro is cheaper, but I have heard bad things about the
> hardware reliability, but this is only what I've heard.

Out of nearly a hundred server, we had 2 motherboard failures over many
many years, and maybe also 3 broken PSU (and not surprisingly, 2 in the
same data center which we believe may have a not so stable power, and
one because the server was using more power than the PSU was designed
for). That's it...

Regards

Andrew