Re: [OFF] Fork of Dell Powervault MD3200

On 03/04/2011 08:16 PM, Carlos Acedo wrote:
> Supermicro is cheaper, but I have heard bad things about the
> hardware reliability, but this is only what I've heard.

Let me give you my own statistics then.

Out of nearly a hundred server, we had 2 motherboard failures over many
many years, and maybe also 3 broken PSU (and not surprisingly, 2 in the
same data center which we believe may have a not so stable power, and
one because the server was using more power than the PSU was designed
for). That's it...

I think that's quite a good rate, don't you think?

Thomas