Re: RAID1 problem - server freezes on md data-check

> So you guys are saying this is in the sata driver? If so, then what's
> the SATA controler that you are running? It would be interesting to know
> if you all got the same hardware (and then using the same driver).

HP Embedded 6 Port SATA Controller with Embedded RAID

After more investigation I found that second drive was unable to
negotiate 3.0Gb/s speed and dropped to 1.5Gb/s.

[    3.433967] ata1: SATA link up 3.0 Gbps (SStatus 123 SControl 300)
[    4.518560] ata3: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 300)

That's another issue which triggered a question:

Will it make RAID more stable if I force both drives to be 1.5Gb/s? For
seagate drives it can be done by setting a jumper, no idea how it's
possible on WD.