Re: veryPC, Seagate, raid - caught in the middle

Hi Kalpesh

thanks for your suggestions. I guess I was wondering how it's possible - among - other things - for one partition on a disk to fail and the others to remain intact and whether anyone else had seen that before or whether that was my fault setting it up like that.
Also, I'm wondering what sort of experience others have with using laptop 2.5" drives rather than server class ones. Maybe that's where I went wrong.
You mention the SATA backplane - what is that? Also, I think it's strange that different drives show problems..

Anyway thanks a lot

mimo