Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: ssh problem

Bertrand Yvain wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 07:20:04PM +0200, randall wrote:
>> i do have an internal "network" on that box with Vservers with a local
>> address, i did some rumbling in the configs there but is it correct that
>> you are saying it could be caused by my external ISP?
>
> It could, but it's rather unlikely.  ISP are quite reluctant to mess
> with those things as it makes more support to do.
>
> If I read between the lines, you have a DSL connection here.  It's more
> probably an issue with the modem/router.  You should enquire about the
> technology used (PPPoE, PPPoA, whatever) and seek info on the correct
> setting.
>
> For instance, for PPPoE: http://www.mynetwatchman.com/kb/ADSL/pppoemtu.htm

DSL? what makes you think that?

to be honest i'm not a 100% sure about the environment it is placed in.
its a glas fiber connection as i was told a year ago when i installed
the machine remotely, its placed in an office building where most (all)
  internal clients are on DHCP but they made an exception for us since
we needed a fixed external IP.

till so far i understood and the upload speed pushing to 1000kb on a
very lucky day reaffirms my believe that it can't be DSL

but at least i can do some testing now to find the culprit so thanks a
million for that.

Randall