Re: ssh problem

i suggest you try to find where is the mtu problem coming from because you might have issues connecting to different servers which drop ICMP

don't forget to make your change permanent to avoid reboot problems if you don't fix the issue :)

Adrian

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:57 PM, randall <randall@songshu.org> wrote:
randall wrote:
> Bertrand Yvain wrote:
>>>>
>>> but below answers the question, nope.
>> The resource might be set by something else. You can check the actual
>> value like this:
>>
>> # /sbin/sysctl net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc
>>
>> If it's still 0, my guess stays on MTU.

host:~# sysctl net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc
net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc = 0

setting ifconfig eth0 mtu 1280
does seem to help and solves the immediate problem, i have a working
connection again. Thanks ;)

not sure what i did to ***** this up, actually no idea what the MTU
actually does apart from what i read on google the last ten minutes.