Re: tunnel between two debian hosts not working

Clayton wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:08:07 +0100
Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> wrote:

This one time, at band camp, Clayton said:
Hi guys,

Works great for a shell account I have on a US FreeBSD-based hosting
service where I have some websites, therefore I believe my Debian
(Testing) SSH client is not the problem. However, my own Debian
server (also Testing dist) does not work. (Even odder, I swear it
worked the first day I tried it, then it stopped working without
any configuration change on either end. I challenged the provider
of my data center, and they said "we are not doing anything to
block you".)
Have you tried diffing the config files?  It looks off hand like one
of the tunnel option ssh_configs is disabled in the Debian machine and
enabled on the BSD machine.

Wish I could, but I don't have root on the FreeBSD machine,
and /etc/ssh only contains ssh_config, sshd_config seems to be hidden. I
would ask them, but they have been cranky since they were hacked
recently and I am a mere user on that machine.

On my own server, I have already added a
PermitTunnel       yes

line, as that seemed the obvious (but insufficient) thing to try.

Don't suppose anyone has a working sshd_config that they can share?

Thanks,
Clayton

As it's freeBSD, the sshd_config is probably located in /usr/local/etc/ssh/

/yosh