Re: ISPmail Lenny tutorial ready

Good Morning Seth,

Am 2009-07-19 10:51:15, schrieb Seth Mattinen:
> The individual servers in my slave pool are certainly not capable of
> doing 100 meg each (unless it was blobs or something). The load balancer
> is set to give each slave up to 1200 active connections distributing
> with a 'least connections' method. To add capacity just add to the
> cluster and the load balancer deals with doling it out. It works great,
> it's fault tolerant, completely transparent, and scales beyond what a
> single server can handle. I hate to admit it with the impressive
> hardware being thrown around, but I'm using cheap 1U Celerons with two
> non-raid SATA drives (one for OS+logfiles and one for tablespace) behind
> the load balancer. ;)

This is WHY I use the Sun "Fire X4100M2" with smallest CPU but  since  I
need more security I am using three 76 GByte SAS drives in  Raid-1  with
Hotfix.

And yes, with february 2010, my business will grow to a very multiple of
customers I have currently and I am waiting for two new Suns to build  a
redunant and loadbalanced cluster.

It is not realy funny if you have 150.000 customers and  a  server  goes
down.

> I don't have much going on with binlog updates because it's mostly reads
> except for when a customer updates a setting, and that doesn't happen
> constantly nor take up much traffic. The write traffic is held on the
> slaves in a local-only table as a queue until the daemon that picks it
> up for processing passes through and deletes it.

Here too, even with several 100 DLZ's, 400 mail user and much more PPPoE
users, I can update my database live without impact.  This may change if
the server has to handel 30-40 times more users but then I am seperating
the three databases of course...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Michelle Konzack   c/o Shared Office KabelBW  ICQ #328449886
+49/177/9351947    Blumenstasse 2             MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     77694 Kehl/Germany         IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)