Re: ISPmail Lenny tutorial ready

Eden Caldas wrote:
> Very nice stuff.

Thanks.

> I have two questions.
>=20
> 1 - Why don't you use postfixadmin? http://postfixadmin.sourceforge.net=
/
> You can adjust your tutorial to use postfixadmin table styles and you
> can mannage quota, users, domains, alias from a web browser.

Postfixadmin has been changed to not allow customized SQL queries. Which
means I had to use its exact database layout. And honest I didn't bother
checking out Postfixadmin (again) until everything was finished,
documented, tested and screenshot. I already listed to the people who
asked for a simpler database layout and I followed it and rewrote
several parts of the tutorial. If I had considered Postfixadmin earlier
I might have thought differently.

> 2 - You said postgrey can also check SPF. How do you make it check for
> SPF? Since you're using it for greylisting it'd be cool.

The tumgreyspf policy daemon does that.
[http://workaround.org/ispmail/lenny/dns]

But if I claimed that postgrey does that then I probably made a mistake.
The page on postgrey greylisting should have been removed anyway. I'll
fix that.

Btw I already learned about DKIM and postfix-policyd-spf-python which
are told to be more efficient. I haven't had much luck with SPF anyway
so I think it's a good idea to try that.

Cheers
 Christoph