Re: ISPmail Lenny tutorial ready

Thomas Goirand wrote:
Seth Mattinen wrote:
Thomas Goirand wrote:
Also, does one of you know a way to get the traffic information out of
dovecot? We support Dovecot, but don't use it, just because of that.
It's a shame because Dovecot is a WAY faster than courier.
Logs, but I don't use the ancient version Debian ships with. Examples
from my logs:

dovecot: POP3(xxx@xxx.com): Disconnected: Logged out top=0/0,
retr=0/0, del=0/60, size=28331635
dovecot: IMAP(@xxx.co.uk): Disconnected in IDLE bytes=294/526
IMAP(xxx@xxx.com): Disconnected for inactivity bytes=749/10824
dovecot: IMAP(xxx@xxx.com): Disconnected: Logged out bytes=285/20363

And here's a POP3 connection where someone actually downloaded a message:

POP3(xxx@xxx.com): Disconnected: Logged out top=0/0, retr=1/1782735,
del=0/488, size=90072431

~Seth

Do you confirm that the current Debian package (Lenny, SID?) does NOT
include this kind of logging?

Not sure what you mean, but here's version 1.0.rc15-2etch4:

POP3(xxx): Disconnected: Logged out top=0/0, retr=0/0, del=0/0, size=0
IMAP(xxx): Disconnected: Logged out
IMAP(xxx): Disconnected for inactivity

imap_logout_format is not a valid setting for old versions. If you want usage logging use a current version, wherever source you choose to get it from. I rebuild it from unstable.

P.S: Once again, do NOT add me as Cc:, I'm reading the list, and as a
rule, you should not anyway. Thanks.

Yeah well I was drilling holes in concrete all day, I'm tired, I forgot, and I was just trying to provide a useful answer to your question. I don't need to be bitched at on list. Thanks.

~Seth