Re: compiling a kernel on amd64

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:48:25 +1000, julian@jdcomputers.com.au said:

> > next  time don't ask on the list but search on the internet.
>
> Thats a bit harsh......

This list is aimed at ISPs running Debian. I wouldn't expect such an
audience to ask on this list how to compile a kernel and how to download
kernel sources. I'd also expect an ISP to know how to search for
something that is documented many, many times over. Besides, not only was
he told to search next time (correctly IMO), but he was also given the
answer. I'm not sure I would have been so benevolent.