Re: lenny rant

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 01:29:09PM +0100, Michael Moritz wrote:
> arrh I just had a look through the packages in lenny and realised somehow
> apache 1 is not there. What the heck are these people thinking? Is it really
> such a pain to maintain apache 1? Looking at this web subsection
> (http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/) I see all sorts of obscure packages
> that probably have about 2 users each. Is there any way to lobby to bring back
> apache 1 (and actually I also miss apache-ssl) or should I just shut up and
> start planning on upgrading to bloody apache 2?

Prettymuch. It's not like apache1 was just recently superceded. You've
had around 6-7 years (apache2) to prepare for the inevitable and should've
been hearing major alarm bells for the past 3-4 years (apache2.2).

How much time did you want to migrate?

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."