Re: Web Admin Interface for ISP (WaveLAN)

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2009-02-26 15:24:23, schrieb Seth Mattinen:
>> If you want mature and feature-full, squirrelmail has that,
>> but at the cost of not being so pretty. Of course, you could always slap
>> a pretty face on squirrelmail if you're going to write an ISP system
>> from scratch.
>
> Yeah I think, ANY "ISP systems" are coded  by  internal  staff,  so  you
> recomment do take over squirrelmail and adapt the graphical interface to
> my design and needs?

FYI, the 2nd lagest ISP uses Zimbra and (an old) horde. Also, if
Squirrelmail is quite ugly BY DEFAULT, the dev. version 1.5 with lots of
add-ons is quite nice, and it's available in experimental, as per:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=squirrelmail&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

You could use apt preferences to pull it...

>> Just to do so, for the webmailer I'd throw in Ilohamail (PHP, even less
>> complex than RoundCube).

It really looks like horde 2. Is it a fork? If so, was there some
security issues with it?

> I know the security issues for IEE802.11abg but I do not use this system
> since it range and performance is highly limited.

What do yo uuse to do auth then? Is there a Radius somehow? I'd be
curious to know how it works with 8000 users...

> I realy would prefer to do this in a Team, because if I do it for my own
> it would only fit for me and my needs, but in generaly I prefer  to  get
> more flexibility into it.  And of course, entirely CSS driven.

I agree it would be best to share. That's how most open source projects
are going further.

Thomas