Re: 32bit or 64bit?

On 06.05.08 17:55, Wojciech Ziniewicz wrote:
> 64bit processors are very very very rarely faster than 32bit processors.

from what I've heard, there's a difference between Intel AMD processors here
- someone said that when AMD switches to 64bit, it speeds things up, while
Intel slows them down...

this information is quite old and I'd likt someone to confirm or disprove
it.

> moreover - depending whath application you run (based on processes or
> threads etc..) it may affect how much RAM does your app take.
> generally you have to have up to 30% ram more when running 64bit apps
> on 64bit machine.

mostly because all pointers use 64bit instead of 32bit.

> Summing up - 64bit is sometimes faster but almost always , your apps
> will eat more RAM.

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm