Re: best FC-storage sharing/clustering techniques

Ahh, your intended scale starts to make sense now.

http://kylecordes.com/2007/07/12/youtube-scalability/
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6304964351441328559

Have a look at the other HA videos that are related to the second link
there.

You should be able to push 400+MB/s through fibre channel.  yes,
bytes, not bits.  It should not be your bottleneck.  That will be more
dependent upon the data type and how it is spread across disk spindles though.
YMWV (your milage will vary)

If you're scaling that large, and distributing your load, make sure your
design can handle that.  Lots of thinking :)
and everyone has problems with money.  Especially in the beginning.
and I think your scaling is past my knowledge sphere :(
I think the videos linked up above will give you the best start.

/jp
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere
 jeanpaul@blaquiere.id.au