Re: Debian on HP ML150 G5 (SC40Ge raid)

Hello,

Monday, July 28, 2008, 15:50:03, Marko Randjelovic wrote:

> Did you try expert install? There has to be an option to choose
> which kernel to install. Otherwise, newer version of Lenny may work
> (I guess you tried with beta2).

I always do expert install :) Yes I used lenny beta2 businesscard CD,
so I used lenny's installer to install etch.

> Did you try hardware raid? Did Lenny recognize raid array as a
> single device? Did you install it on raid device?

No, I didn't. The 2nd disk has not yet arrived, and the BIOS does not
allow to create a degraded RAID1. So I installed on software RAID.

BTW is it possible to convert linux software raid1 into normal volume?

--
  bYE, Marki