Re: ghost files and error code 13 (mysql binlog files)

* mimo schrieb am 27.02.08 um 14:44 Uhr:
> Hi Simon and everyone else, thanks for your help (and slagging off my beloved
> resierfs). The fsck.reiserfs pointed me to rebuild-tree which took about 4
> hours to complete (this is on a 100Gb raid 1 partition).
> In your experience does this always point to a hardware problem?

No.

One example:

A customer had a high-volume mail-spool with reiserfs which was corrupt several times
until we switched to XFS.

There were about 5 millions mails processed each day which means
about 10 millions files created and deleted each day.

reiserfs was not stable enough to handle this more than a few weeks.

-marc

--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134