Re: telnet/other access to tty/pts OT]

2008/2/22, norbert_schuetz@bigfoot.com <norbert_schuetz@bigfoot.com>:

> Hi,
>
>  unless I did not get you wrong:
>
>  In case I am somewhat sure that the application is well programmed
>  and doesn't open any security holes I sometimes use the application
>  as a shell itself. Ending the application will end the ssh session:

Yeah,
I understand....

I don't know how to make my self clear ;)...

Thanks Tinus - your solution works and is an answer for my question but... ;)

Going into details,

I have a gameserver that i must run from the console. It may be run in
the foreground, or in the background - doesnt matter except for when I
want to type something in my gameserver console it must be in the
foreground.

I want to start for example - 100 of those server and want them to be
accessible through TCP port ( telnet'ish or netcat-like style ) . Then
i would be able to make my own php website that will connect users to
their own servers and emulate a console access to those servers.

uff.. now it's clear i think ;)

I think the main question would be - how to attach to a process' input
and export it thru TCP port , socket, or something.

--
Wojciech Ziniewicz
Unix SEX :{look;gawk;find;sed;talk;grep;touch;finger;find;fl