[Fwd: Re: [OT] ATX-PSU and amperage on connectors...]

Oops, I meant to send this to the list...

Gavin

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [OT] ATX-PSU and amperage on connectors...
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:22:36 +0000
From: Gavin Westwood <debian-isp@solutium.co.uk>
To: Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de>

On 21/02/2008 18:31, Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello,

I am designing (with the help of Dallas/Maxim, NXP and LM) new DC-ATX-
PSU's (with 24V DC entry to use it in Photopholtaik-Systems) and was
searching for the amperage of the connectors of an ATX-PSU.
<snip>
So I can forget this nice DC-DC converters which simplyfiy design by
factor 20 but of the costs...

Even if I buy produce 1000 PSU's the price would be over 300 Euro
complete per unit.  (The "PicoPSU", a PSU on a ATX connector, support

How about this UK company?

http://www.sunpower-uk.com/ranges/DC-DC-PC-Power/30/default.htm

I've not used them, but they seem to have quite a variety of PC style DC power supplies.  They don't list any prices though, so you'll need to ask them...

Hope that helps.

Gavin

--

Gavin Westwood