Re: raid10??

Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 04:13:10PM +0100, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
I currently run raid0 over raid1. Someone mentioned that I'm lucky because
due to some problem this configuration may fail. Well, I'm lucky yet...

This makes no sense to me.  Why not just pair off the disks in raid1
arrays and then make them all PVs in an LVM setup?

to have control and optimize the speed? afaik, raid 10 is used primarily for performance, not space consolidation, or safety only.

Regards,

-Roberto