Re: raid10??

Gilles Mocellin wrote:
>> On 28.01.08 11:23, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
>>> This makes no sense to me.  Why not just pair off the disks in raid1
>>> arrays and then make them all PVs in an LVM setup?
>> because I wanted to skip the LVM part. I have no need for LVM yet...
>
> But LVM stripping (lvcreate -i) will add you the RAID0 part of your RAID10 !
> =>lvm stripping across two raid1 arrays.

i have just installed with the debian installer making 2 x raid1 and
then glueing them together with LVM
256 MB /boot raid 1 (on all 4 disks)
10 GB /root raid1 + lvm
1 GB /swap raid1 + lvm
500 GB unused raid1 + lvm

(i wasn't very sure what to do about the swap but i think this means
slower but securer in a case of crashing)

till so far the performance feels pretty snappy but i still have to do
some benchmarking and remove a few random disks to see what happens.

anybody ever reliably used a set up like this in production?