Re: [OffTopic] Network documentation templates

Am Mittwoch, den 23.01.2008, 16:21 +0100 schrieb Dominique Görsch:
> Andrew McGlashan wrotes:
> > One thing you need to have when applying for a bunch of
> > IPs is a suitable network diagram to justify the application.
>
> For diagrams of the network topology I use MS Visio (like in [1]). My
> customers relish this kind of graphics in documentations. In the past I
> had a small tool (at that time running on WfW) that scanned the network
> recursive for machines (via Netbios and IP) and tried to paint a diagram
> of the hosts and nodes. The graphic wasn't really pretty and
> unfortunately I can't remember the name.
>
> Best regards
> Dominique Görsch
>
> [1] http://picpaste.de/topologie2.png - small diagram of my LAN at home

For those kinds of diagrams try gnu software Dia. Nagios can help to
mantain the network structure organization. I think it can even give you
a live network status map diagram.

http://poormanstech.blogspot.com/2007/01/server-monitoring-nagios.html

Yours,

D.A.