Re: [OffTopic] Network documentation templates

Andrew McGlashan wrotes:
One thing you need to have when applying for a bunch of IPs is a suitable network diagram to justify the application.

For diagrams of the network topology I use MS Visio (like in [1]). My customers relish this kind of graphics in documentations. In the past I had a small tool (at that time running on WfW) that scanned the network recursive for machines (via Netbios and IP) and tried to paint a diagram of the hosts and nodes. The graphic wasn't really pretty and unfortunately I can't remember the name.

Best regards
Dominique Görsch

[1] http://picpaste.de/topologie2.png - small diagram of my LAN at home