Re: ike.egr.msu.edu (35.9.37.225) aka ftp.us.debian.org

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 10:52:25PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Does anybody else see ongoing problems with ike.egr.msu.edu
> (35.9.37.225)?  It's in the rotation for ftp.us.debian.org and seems to
> be seriously overloaded, or have other delay causing problems.  For the
> past several days I see apt-get update stall consistently at that host.

Yes.  It has been reported.  I personally switched over to
ftp.nl.debian.org since that is at the University of Twente (IIRC) and
has really good bandwidth even to the USA.  Alternatively, you can also
try one if the individual mirrors (Berkeley's and Georgia Tech's mirros
are blazing fast).

Regards,

-Roberto

--