Re: Webserver Redundacy

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 10:02 +0100, Andrew Miehs wrote:

> Which browsers are those that work in this way?!

Lets just list the ones (that I know) that don't:  lynx.

> If this is the case, then you may also have a session persistence
> problem.

:-) I thought you said that we would have a 50% loss problem.  Are you
just grasping for straws?  :-)

> If the browser switches IP addresses between queries, the other web
> server may be asked to respond, in which case, you will not be able to store
> state in the web server, and will need to store it in the backend - and
> this between requests - not visits.

Yes.  But you assume that state is necessary to maintain.  It may not
be.   My experience has shown me that browsers don't switch IP addresses
between queries, they use the first one that works and they keep using
it as long as it works.  When it quits working they try the next one in
round-robin fashion.

-Jim P.