Re: ispCP

Tommie Van Mechgelen wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> It seems like you are trying to put the developers in a bad point of vue.

No, I'm asking details of what's going on. If somebody post here, then
he should expect follow-ups.

> The problem with vhcs was that the project depended
> to hard on Alex.  Without Alex nothing could happen.  There wasn't
> a public cvs so everyone had to wait until Alex decided to release again.
> Also Alex wasn't that good with security patches.  He tried to hide the
> bugs and didn't come out to the public.
>
> I think these are the most important reasons that a lot of lead developers
> quit VHCS. However they decided to bring out a final release in honor of
> the users.  Afterwards they will start building ispCP.

Still, my question remains: what will happen to that project without the
lead developer. What you are saying doesn't change anything...

> Why can't you just read the forums on vhcs or ispCP?  Everything is told
> there, I don't think this is the place.  Please let the developers do
> their thing, releasing a new update.

Simply because somebody posted here, so I'm asking details... If it's
not the place to discuss about it, then it's not the place to post about
the project here either. I highly disagree with you, I think this is the
place. Please don't blame me for not spending my time on other project
forums, I DON'T have this time available.

> But in every post I read from you on forums and lists you are always
> trying to put other projects in a bad point of vue.

I don't think so. I have often listed other projects in forums and
lists, giving links to it, so people could see what they are. We even
link other open source projects in our page like SysCP, Web-CP, VHCS or
Ezadmin saying that they are "Very good". What do you want more?

Thomas

P.S: No need to write to me, I read the list...